
1. Jesus
2. kids old enough to ice skate
3. a husband who is full of compassion and true grace
4. a child who debates every idea, stretching his mind
5. the youngest's arms around my neck, complete abandon
6. the middle one--his verve and joy and energy
7. "Mama, I want you"
8. though so much of what I do will never be remembered, yet it will make a profound difference
9. free soccer
10. almost free preschool
11. our dense neigborhood:
12. --preschool 100m away
13. --school 400m away
14. --post office 400m away
15. --bank 400m away
16. --small grocery 400m away
17. --pet store 600m away
18. --medium grocery 700m away
19. --450 apartments in our building
20. --friend from every kids class in our building...and on the playground
21. freedom to leave my kids home alone, or in the car, or outside alone when reasonable
22. cross-country skiing across the street
23. cross-country skiing with my kids
24. so many friends even in this foreign city we can never find time to see all
25. so many dear friends across three continents, three countries who stretch my heart painfully
26. free webcam conversations with my nieces bouncing in and out
27. my sister.
2 comments:
I love your list! I just started counting last week so we'll count together! :)
Blessings to you!
Melanie
Hi Kara! Your heart of gratitude overflowed the banks with this list. I especially like #8 - having parented children to adulthood, I can say that your words are truth!
I enjoy the fact that you are in a walkable world!
May the joy that bubbled forth in your list spill out on everyone you touch this week.
Post a Comment