1. Eric
The most giving, serving, others-centered person I know. And those qualities especially come out in how he treats me and our children. I understand grace - an unearned gift - because he lives it out. When I mess up, get myself in over my head, am stressed and frustrated, he embraces, helps, and focuses his amazing energy on helping. Never resentful, never 'counting chips', he accepts me how I am and always believes the best.2. My parents
This year I've been privileged to hear many new friends' stories. And it's really shocking how many people have experienced the premature death of parents, or divorces, or simply parents who were emotionally absent. I have been grateful for them, but never realized before how blessed I am to have two affectionate parents who have always been devoted to me and to one another. Preparing stories of my childhood brought out so many good memories of a lot of time together, creative games, and never doubting that I am loved.
3. My kids
It is incredible to fall in love with the people my children are becoming. I am so grateful for how much easier it is now than their early years. While I don't claim they are perfect, I find so many qualities I admire. Watching them go through this cultural transition has made me appreciate their unique perspectives and third-cultureness. I enjoy time with each of them, and am so grateful for their continued desire to talk with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment